Tramadol is a pain relief inducing drug that is very popular among the masses. It is an FDA Approved product. Tramadol is basically an Opioids medication. As already known Opioids relieve pain very quickly with little side effects. The active compound in Tramadol is Tramadol Hydrochloride. Other bunches of compounds are present in the pill but they are mostly in an inactive state or in very minimal quantities.
Tramadol attaches itself to the pain receptors, thereby blocking the neural pathway. This makes the pain signal to be blocked and hence the discomfort of the person eases. In simple terms Tramadol changes the way the body senses the pain. However the level of chemicals like Norepinephrine and Serotonin are kept the same. Various pain meds are suited for different classes of pain. Tramadol is mostly suited for moderate to severe pain. It is a slightly stronger pain med than other pain meds out in the market. This is proven by the fact that Tramadol is compared to other drugs like Morphine or Codeine. In fact, Tramadol is considered to be more potent than Codeine. Morphine is used in post-operative conditions. In the recent times, Tramadol is also being used as a pain relief drug in such situations. Tramadol is now even preferred more because it does not induce respiratory distress in the patients who take it.
Side EffectsTramadol is a pain killer med that has it benefits and its
side effects. The most common side effects are;
· In some cases, allergic reactions can be seen.
Precautions· Always inform your doctor about your allergies and medications
· Never overdose. Tramadol is a strong pain med and has the tendency to become addictive.
· Never mix Tramadol with other pain meds
· Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid this pain med.
· Cardiac, renal and hepatic patients should also avoid this drug.
· In case of side effects, it is highly recommended to consult the doctor immediately.